Saturday, February 11, 2012

Week #5

This week as we discussed some of the things attributed to preparing for marriage I began to think about what I did to prepare for marriage. I am already married so at first I kind of thought that it would be pointless for me to read the chapters on preparing for marriage. I honestly kind of thought that it was too late to do anything about preparing for marriage. Yes, I can't necessarily "prepare" for marriage but I can always prepare to be a better wife and mother, and that is what I really thought about as I studied this section. One thing that stood out to me the most was the definition of love. I don't know exactly how I would define love because it is one of those emotions you just can't put any words to. But, I thought about where I was when I was preparing for getting married. I thought about the kind of love I had at the time for my husband-to-be and though I have only been married for six months I compared it to the love I have for him now. Even in just six months it really has changed dramatically, and I think of how different it will be in years to come. Not that the love I had for him before or even now is bad, it is just different, and it is more. It is so much deeper, and it spreads to all the 4 different areas of the types of love. And I think it is important for me to explore all those areas of love with my husband. And I want it to be that way fifty years from now too.

No comments:

Post a Comment